Last night i did do my weight circuit, and my abs workout, but i didn’t walk my dog. I got an early night and today i feel back to my normal self, yay! It was meant to be a resting day though, but i still did a 15 minute walk and my abs work!!
Today has been good, i have enjoyed every meal, everything’s tasted so good! Breakfast was the same as yesterday, porridge with 1/2 banana and PB! Yummy!! I snack on the other 1/2 banana and a snack pack of raisins. Lunch was this delightful plate of food;
A turkey ham, grated carrot and extra light mayo wholewheat wrap, cucumber disks with a spoon of light herb cheese and a packet of baked crisps! Yummy! Followed by a decaf coffee and 1/2 square of dark chocolate! Double yummy!!
Nature Valley bars in 3 different flavours; Canadian Maple Syrup, Oats & Honey and Apple Crunch. I tried a Canadian Maple Syrup one the other day and it was lovely. Today it was turn of the Apple Crunch, (as you may be able to tell i love apples and anything flavoured apple, hence the name of this blog!!) the result?? Absolutely delicious! definitely a new favourite product and one i’m going to buy everytime i visit the supermarket. It tastes like cinnamon and if you’ve ever had a cinnamon Danish pastry, it tastes EXACTLY like them! It was soo good and feels really naughty but they’re not too bad in terms of nutrition! I had to come home and give one straight to my boyfriend to try and he agreed he will have to buy some! He’s not big on breakfasts, so i told him one of these with a piece of fruit and a light yogurt would be a pretty nutritious brekkie!
For dinner i made us an old favourite of mine..
Sausage & Tomato Pasta.
You will need;
- 2 handfuls wholewheat pasta,
- 4 low fat/lean sausages,
- 250g shop bought or homemade tomato based pasta sauce,
- 160g cut green beans (or any other vegetable you want)
- balsamic vinegar,
- grated low fat/mature cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees,
2. At the same time, put 2 small pans of water on to boil; one for the pasta, one for the green beans,
3. When the oven has heated, pop the sausage on a baking tray and prick with a fork a couple of times,
4. When both pans of water are boiling, add your 2 handfuls of pasta to one saucepan and the green beans to the other,
5. Cook your pasta for about 15 minutes, or according to instructions, mealwhile checking the sausages are browning, turning them if you need too,
6. When the pasta is cooked, strain it and put into a seperate bowl,
7. Using the same saucepan you used to cook the pasta, warm the tomato sauce and add the cooked green beans,
8. When the sauce and beans have warmed through, add in the cooked pasta,
9. Take the sausages out the oven, cut into bitesize pieces and add to the pasta and mix,
10. Split the mix into 2 bowls, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and grated cheese and voila!
This is probably my favourite thing to eat! Everyone seems to think pasta is a diet enemy, but it really doesn’t have to be if it’s not white pasta or drenched in a creamy sauce. This really is delicious and nutritious!! As any recipe it can be mixed up with any type of meat (i sometimes use chicken or even sliced of ham) and vegetables (mushrooms is a good one!).
After this, I was in the mood for cold ice cream after getting hot from cooking, so i decided on one of these;
A yummy Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich at only 100 calories! These are also something i tried for the first time and again a success!! I will definitely be looking at what other products are in this range!! So all in all a delicious day in terms of food!
Tomorrow i am going to try something new, usually i get up at 7am, have breakfast and wait until 8:30am to do my workout.
That’s all good while i’m only working part time, but when i start full time, i’m not going to have time to wait around an hour before working out. So i think i’m going to try getting up, having 1/2 a protein bar and an apple, wait 20 minutes and then workout, then have breakfast after my workout. How do you juggle workouts with a full time job??
I also need help with my recipe page, i don’t understand how you can get sub pages to link to different recipes?? Mine are all in one post and don’t like it! Any help??