Yesterday afternoon, i had a lovely lunch, inspired by Gabriela’s post here.
A whole wheat wrap with 2 vegetable fingers, a low fat cheese slice, a grated carrot and ketchup. It was really yummy and warm! But i didn’t really taste the cheese, so i might take it out next time! No point consuming calories if i can’t taste ’em! 🙂 I also had a teaspoon of PB and a naturally light bourbon vanilla yogurt with it.
My boyfriend came to see me in the afternoon, and like all Sundays we got a little bored. After thinking of what we could do, we decided to do my favourite thing and bake!! We made yummy crumbly squares!
Crumbly Banana Oat Squares.
You will need;
- 175g butter/marg,
- 175g caster sugar,
- 225g self-raising flour,
- 100g porridge oats,
- 2 bananas,
- cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees,
2. Grease and line a small loaf tin,
3. Cream together the sugar and the butter in a large bowl
WARNING: Do not attempt to try the mixture at this point, you will NOT have any left!
5. Split the mixture in half and spread one half into the loaf tin.
6. Mash the bananas together and spread ontop of the mixture, add the cinnamon on the top.
7. Spread the other half of the oat mixture on top of the mashed bananas. Don’t worry if some of the banana squelches out the sides, this will just caramelise and become even more gooey! It should look something like this;
9. Leave to cool, then cut into squares and serve!
10. Enjoy all that lovely oaty banana gooeyness!
There’s so many different versions of this you could make! To make them a protein snack, swap half the flour for protein powder or make low fat/sugar versions by using low fat butter and a sugar substitute. You can use any fruit you like; stewed apples and raisins is one i want to try! If you have a go at these, i’d love to see how they turn out and what you thought 🙂
As i mentioned yesterday, i got some lovely new cereal from the supermarket, i had it again his morning with 1/2 a banana, some cinnamon a big mug of coffee.